SUBCHAPTER B. DUTIES FOLLOWING ACCIDENT
Sec. 550.021. ACCIDENT INVOLVING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH. (a) The operator of a vehicle involved in an accident that results or is reasonably likely to result in injury to or death of a person shall:
(1) Immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident or as close to the scene as possible;
(2) Immediately return to the scene of the accident if the vehicle is not stopped at the scene of the accident;
(3) Immediately determine whether a person is involved in the accident, and if a person is involved in the accident, whether that person requires aid; and
(4) Remain at the scene of the accident until the operator complies with the requirements of Section 550.023.
(a) shall do so without obstructing traffic more than is necessary.
(b) An operator of a vehicle required to stop the vehicle by Subsection
(c) A person commits an offense if the person does not stop or does not comply with the requirements of this section. An offense under this section:
(1) Involving an accident resulting in:
(A) Death of a person is a felony of the second degree; or
(B) Serious bodily injury, as defined by Section 1.07, Penal Code, to a person is a felony of the third degree; and
(2) Involving an accident resulting in injury to which Subdivision (1) does not apply is punishable by:
(A) Imprisonment in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for not more than five years or confinement in the county jail for not more than one year;
(B) A fine not to exceed $5,000; or
(C) Both the fine and the imprisonment or confinement.
Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.
Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 97 (H.B. 1840), Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2007.
Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 70 (S.B. 275), Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2013.
Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1099 (H.B. 3668), Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2013.
Read full document/ Reference https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/TN/htm/TN.550.htm